Sunday 24 October 2010

The time is gone, the song is over

Tomorrow (Monday 25 October), I have been invited to a meeting with a Dr Nick Bass at Mile End Hospital. Obviously, I will not go; I will never voluntary enter any NHS premises or talk to any of their staff ever again. Even if I am forcibly detailed, it doesn’t matter how long they hold me prisoner or how much they torture me again, I will never ‘talk’ to them.

Just what Dr Bass expects me to ‘talk’ about escapes me. My experiences of the NHS have shown them to be totally corrupt liars. They will never admit to what they have done. On my part I will never accept all the things that I have done in life and what has been done to me are figments of my imagination; I have so much independent documentary evidence that supports my position.

To lose everything one has worked for over many years is devastating enough. Having this done to you by your own government is truly sickening. However, this is nothing to the pain of being told that your whole life never happened. I was told that everything I ever did or experienced was a delusion (despite having proof). At one of the tribunals, ‘doctor’ Jonsson even claimed that I held a belief that it is impossible for me to hold as it is inconstant with everything that I actually do believe in.

The time for ‘talking’ was over many years ago; long before I was abducted from my home by the police.



The week before last was one of my darkest yet. On the Thursday I spent most of the day in bed. It became clear to me then that I have now entered the final down phase. If it was not for my vow, I would have just ended everything there and then. Since then my mood has lifted slightly, but I know that the end is drawing near. I suffer from all the classic indicators of depression such as not being able to do anything, sleep properly, or care for myself.

I wish I understood why this has been done to me. In the beginning I was just collateral damage, just one among tens of thousands, of a corrupt and incompetent government and public sector. However, now it is clear that I am an explicit target. I am forbidden to ever recover from the injuries that have been inflicted upon me. I have been branded as insane, a criminal, and even a terrorist. In truth, all I want to do is to earn a living.

So much damage has been done. There is no way that it could ever be repaired. The life I live now disgusts me; not only the material deprivation, constrained intellectual stimulation and frustrated ambitions, but especially the dependence on welfare that offends my libertarian beliefs. However, this squalid existence is under threat. Everyday I learn of further plans to drive me into deeper poverty as those benefits are falling in real terms, and I expect them to be withdrawn altogether any day. I live in fear of the postman. Each letter could be a bill that I will have serious problems paying (i.e. gas and electricity) or it will be notice that my benefits will stop. I cannot go on like this.

One of my few remaining pleasures is to be able to listen to a radio station from the Cayman Islands over the internet. Earlier they played ‘Time’ from Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. The last few lines seem appropriate:
Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.

3 comments:

  1. They're not going to take your benefits off you altogether. They wouldn't dare. It would give you to much ammunition with which to publicize your situation.

    I know you can only afford to do little things to improve your living situation. But do them. Cook, clean and exercise. Buy the best clothing you can. If you are smart you can still live better than the imbeciles who are paid large sums of money to fuck people over.

    You may have gotten into the habit of thinking that the only way you can maintain your anger is by feeling miserable. Don't be afraid of feeling good about yourself. You don't need to worry that feeling good will somehow weaken your resolve to nail these bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod,

    Stop all benefits – oh yes they do. Every communication from them contains the explicit threat that unless you comply with their instructions you will be left destitute. This is not an idle threat; there was a case recently near here where a young mother had all benefits taken away and as a result she jumped from a tall building with her baby in her arms killing both.

    Cook, buy decent clothes – I have no means of cooking. I have not had a single hot meal since I won my freedom from imprisonment. Clothes! I desperately need some new shoes, but cannot afford them; all my clothes are old and worn out. I am expecting quarterly gas and electricity bill this week. I estimate that it will be roughly equivalent to my monthly income. I think I will have to stop having gas and only have electricity (and wrap up well).

    If I was allowed to earn a living, I would not have these problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be that here in Victoria, Australia the authorities are smarter than in London, or that they know here that they could not get away with what they might over there.

    They have to treat me reasonably decently (at least what passes for decency for the uninformed) otherwise they know that I could show that anything less could be shown to be malicious punishment. It might be that, psychiatry aside, Australia is a better place than England.

    Here's my situation. I live in subsidized housing in a building full of morons. But the actual building is OK. I have a decent sized single room and I'm fortunate that this part of the building is reasonably clean and has a decent bathroom and kitchen. Power bills are included with the rent and after the rent is direct debited from my benefit I have $320 to spend over 14 days. So that's about $25 a day. I can eat really well for about $12 - $14 a day.

    Sometimes I don't need to spend at all for for 3 or 4 days at a time. But then if I want I can buy clothing or beers or marijuana if I want.

    OK, sure, this isn't all that great. I'd like to be planning my next purchase of a BMW or my next trip to Italy. But this is what has been taken from me.

    It might be that your situation is immediately more dire than mine. And it might be that it's because England is a shit place. If so your complaint would be against England rather than the FTAC. This could be an avenue worth considering if it meant that you could find more moral support where you are. Moral support could translate into practical support.

    If you can get yourself feeling good, looking good AND get out and about you might find that you are not quite as alone as you think you are.

    ReplyDelete